Monday, June 9, 2014

A recipe and an update.

Just felt like sharing a recipe here today.  In addition, an update.  My quilt top is almost finished and I can start soon on the quilting of it.  I'll post a picture when I get the top finished.  It's looking pretty good.  Today has been an interesting day.  Just looking at Facebook today and seeing some recipes and feel like posting a  sumptuous restaurant quality recipe. This one is not one of my dollar a serving recipes, but it is so good and tastes like the ones you spend twenty dollars and up to eat in a fancy restaurant.  However, I can make it for the whole family for what it would cost us for one to order it in the restaurant.  This is my own creation. 

Angel Hair Pasta with Lobster and Scallops in a Butter Garlic Sauce


1 stick of butter
3 cloves of garlic (I also used minced garlic)
1 pkg fresh spinach
3 T Lime juice
1/4 c cornstarch
1 pound of large scallops
1 large lobster tail
1 pound of angel hair pasta cooked
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (I like the largely grated pieces)

Directions:

Coat scallops in cornstarch. Melt 1/2 of butter in a skillet and add garlic.  Place scallops around the outside edge of the skillet.  Cut lobster tail into bite sized pieces. Place lobster meat in the center of the skillet.  Cook scallops until golden brown on all size and lobster until pink and opaque.  When fully cooked drizzle lime juice over all.  Remove to a plate.  Add remaining butter to skillet and add spinach when butter is melted.  Cook spinach until wilted.  Serve by placing angel hair pasta on plate, place spinach on top and top with scallops and lobster meat.  Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. 

It's just that simple.  And it tastes like the expensive restaurant meal.  I sometimes substitute shrimp if I'm trying to save money or I don't have scallops and lobster, but it's really only truly decadant with the scallops and lobster.  Of course, it really needs a good cheesecake to go with it, but that's another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment