Saturday, February 9, 2013

Reclaiming my craft area and organizing our lives

Over the last couple of weeks I have been busy reclaiming my craft area in the kitchen.  I got it organized enough to go for my scrapbooking crop weekend.  Since then I have been increasing the organization in this area and now have it so that I can actually use it if I want.  Hopefully, now I can start posting regular ideas that I am generating while I work there. I will post the before and after pictures of my craft area.

In addition, I have been spending time organizing other areas of my life especially my meal planning.  I will share here some of those ideas as well.  We just finished up our first month of menus that I made out.  We tried several new recipes over the month and decided they will be definitely incorporated into our meal plans.  A few need a little tweaking, but overall, they were good.  Having the menu plans help me with prepping things in advance whenever possible, but definitely with the shopping and having what we need on hand to make the meals.  I have a perfect set up now.  We order our meat at the local meat packing place and get a half hog or a half cow at a time. We rent a locker there for 15.00 a quarter and I just make a list at the beginning of the month and they pull out the meat I need for the entire month and I bring it home and toss in the freezer.  That leaves me with only fish and poultry to purchase at the store.  It saves us a ton of money and makes life so very simple. 

My newest project has been making my own household cleaners. I decided to do this not only to save money, but to also decrease the amount of chemicals we are using in the house.  So far, I am happy with my results.  I have found several recipes for things on pinterest and have googled other recipes and found a ton of information out there.  I have now made window cleaner, window wipes, baby wipes, fabric softener, floor cleaner and today I'm making laundry detergent.  I have cleaned out a closet and organized my canned goods on one set of shelves and my new cleaners, and cleaner supplies on another set of shelves.  I can now use this closet and have more room in my overcrowded dining room.  I figure I will get this house all organized and then we will move back to the other house.  But this organizing has helped me look at some of the things I want to change in the other house as we look at the remodeling there.  I have so many ideas about how functional the different areas will be when we move back in.

The newest addition to our family is now 7 weeks old and her mom has gone back to school, so we are now working around the schedule of a newborn in our life.  It makes the days a little more interesting, however, she is a very good baby, so that helps tremendously. 

Have a blessed day and keep looking here for the latest menu plan, recipes and craft ideas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment